Overnight Camping or Lodge Based
Join professional Alpine Photographer Mike Edmondson on a customised walk, snowshoe or ski adventure into the Snowy Mountains to enjoy and photograph secret, scenic locations in Kosciuszko National Park.
2019 Winter Overnight Dates: dates on requests.
2019 Summer Overnight Dates: December 19-23(Booked out Photography Walk), December 28-31 or 27-30 In Alpine Wildflower Season Plus other group dates by special request.
Half Day Sunrise or Sunset and Full Day Workshops
Photograph the beautiful Australian Alps at any time of the year or day.
Dates: On request
- Full Liability Insurance
- NPWS guide fees & charges (this doesn’t include the National Park’s Visitor/Car entry fee)
- Communications, first aid kit, water purification tablets & navigation equipment
- Snowshoes, adjustable poles as required
- Fully qualified and experienced guide mountain guide
- Instruction in snow craft, snow survival, navigation & photography
- Professional digital photographs from our trip
- Mt. Kosciuszko Certificate
- Travel to and from Jindabyne
- Kosciuszko express chairlift return ride
- Accommodation and meals
- Personal clothing and equipment (can also be hired)
Checkout this testimonial by Altaaf: Altaaf joined me on a three day snow camping adventure last winter. We experienced amazing sunsets and sunrises, summated Mt Kosciuszko and learnt snow survival skills. See his great photographs here - http://www.altaafkhan.com/snow-camping
For bookings: email@example.com
Ten Peaks Walk
Climb the exciting ten highest peaks In Australia!
The top ten peaks in Australia are located in the southern end of the Kosciuszko National Park, New South Wales. Most can be accessed from Thredbo Village with the remaining peaks from nearby Charlotte Pass. The top ten peaks are:
1. Mt Kosciuszko, 2228m 2. Mt Townsend, 2209m
3. Mt Twynam, 2195 m 4. Rams Head, 2190m
5. Etheridge Ridge Peak, 2180m 6. Rams Head North, 2177m
7. Alice Rawson, 2160m 8. Abbot Peak, 2159m
9. Abbot Peak East, 2145m 10. Carruthers Peak, 2145m
Clients have the choice to base their walk from lodge accommodation in Jindabyne or camping in the mountains. With many clients organising their own private fun small group of 4-5 friends.
Jindabyne has a wonderful charm and is a good place to relax after a hard day’s walk. There is a range of quality accommodation to choose from including lodges, hotels and the comfy backpackers.
The camping option is popular for those wishing to camp close to the peaks in scenic locations. Walk to the peaks with light day packs and watch the sun set and rise from camp. The program to complete all ten summits is over four days, walking approximately 70km..
For those who may find the Ten Peaks Walk too challenging we can customise an easier walk to scenic locations peaks and historical stockmans' huts.
Checkout this YouTube link showcasing one of my favourite Kosciuszko walks scenic peaks walk with Alpine guide Mike Edmondson - YouTube.
2019 dates: Note: Camping and lodge options available on all dates unless marked. November 1-4, November 8-11, November 23-26, December 6-9 (Booked out), December 13-16, December 19-23(Booked out Photography Walk), December 28-31 or 27-30 In Alpine Wildflower Season, Plus other dates for private group & bookings.
2020 dates: January 3-6, January 10-13, March 6-9, March 27-30, April 10-13 Easter weekend, April 17-20, April 25-28 Anzac weekend. Plus other dates to be advised.
If you book a complete private group of 5 walkers for a Camping Walk or 5-6 walkers for a lodge based walk I will give each customer a signed copy of my 84 page hardcover photographic book " The Australian Alps" valued at $30 each.